Stylists Share: How To Make A Blowout Last
It's no secret that the magic of PRÊTE comes from the incredibly talented and diverse group of stylists and salons in our network. While they are all quite different and specialize in a variety of areas, what they all have in common is knowledge. Epic amounts of beauty knowledge & product secrets.
So, we asked a group of our stylists to tell us some of their secrets to perfect hair. Here's how to make your blowout last according to PRÊTE stylists.
1. "The first and most important thing to know is that hair has memory. When styling hair from wet to dry it's important to make sure to dry the curl into the hair, this technique will establish a good foundation. Remember that sprays, mousses, and gels have alcohol, which helps remove oils from the hair which gives it body. For texture, add sea salt spray or dry shampoo that will give hair the grit it needs for intense volume." - @jaocentric for Bleu 52
2. "Before showering, make sure you use a shower cap that's lined with a terry cloth material. It helps remove any extra moisture. " - @autumn_queen for Autumn Salon
3. "I'm a firm believer in making your blowout last by sleeping on it properly. I always tell my clients to twist their hair into a loose bun on the very top of their head and secure it with my favorite- a blowout saving hair clip." - Deidre DeFelice for The Blowout Co. of Nashville
4. "When it's time for bed, put your hair in a very high semi loose ponytail. Think Pebbles from the Flintstones." - @angelaknox_hair_ for Twist by Oliver
5. "Dry Shampoo! We love Kevin Murphy's Fresh Hair. It also comes in purse size which is amazing. Try to only put conditioner on your ends and use minimal styling product." -Whitney Olson & Kennedy Van Dyke for Ra_Bar Beauty @ra_barbeauty
6. "As a veteran stylist the number one question I get from my clients is, 'how can I make this fresh out of the salon look last longer? My answer is always the same: satin pillowcases and products! Satin pillowcases have many advantages but the number one selling point is: Satin reduces friction, preventing frizzing and roughing of the hair cuticle, therefore extending the lifespan of your hairstyles. Unfortunately, cotton pillows deplete your hair’s moisture, causing friction and breakage, ruining your fresh blow out!" - Nentini for Glam Beverly Hills
7. "Invest in a great dry shampoo to maintain your style and control oil. We love Bari Naturals socially conscious powdered dry shampoo. This all natural, super absorbent dry shampoo comes in three formulas: for blondes, redheads and brunettes. There is no white residue like what you may experience with traditional dry shampoo.
8. "For the girl who thinks the the perfect blow out is just a little too perfect, try going for some textured waves. After shampooing prep hair with a texture spray. Have your stylist finger twist and diffuse hair to create movement and volume. Finish off with Oribe dry texturizing spray." - Chloe Washington for Steel & Lacquer