Winter Hair-Care Necessities
Winter is coming and we know we’re ready for hot chocolate, a lit fire, and fuzzy socks. The one thing we aren’t ready for is dry, frizzy hair.
We’re here to tell you why your hair gets so dry and how to combat it this winter season. Our hair, much like the rest of our bodies, thrives off of consistency of care. When we go from freezing outdoor temperatures to manufactured heated indoors, it not only dries out our hair and causes breakage, but worst of all, creates frizz. Here’s how our beauty experts recommend you to protect your in the upcoming winter months.
1. Start with hydrating your hair in the shower. Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner are the perfect combination for happy and healthy hair. This duo is exactly what your hair needs to be hydrated, shinny, and protected this winter. Best of all, it’s suitable for color treated hair!
2. If your hair is feeling extra dry and flaky then we have another dynamic duo for you! Briogeo’s Scalp Revival Charcoal and Coconut Oil Micro- exfoliating Shampoo followed by Briogeo’s Don’t Depair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask. Briogeo’s Scalp Revival Charcoal and Coconut Oil Micro- exfoliating Shampoo is exactly what the doctor ordered. It detoxifies and removes scalp build-up, soothes the irritation of an itchy and flaky scalp, and hydrates the scalp to prevent dryness. This product is the holy grail to a healthy hydrated scalp.
After shampooing treat your hair to Briogeo’s Don’t Depair, Repair! Use the Deep Conditioning Mask. This mask restores moisture, creates vibrancy, and prevents against future damage. We recommend massaging this into your hair from root to ends and leaving it on for around 10 minutes or longer if needed, then rinsing it out. Use this treatment once a week or every other week for perfectly healthy and balanced hair. Both of these products by Briogeo are cruelty free and safe for color treated hair!
3. The golden rule of winter hair care: never leave your house with wet hair. Not only is it so uncomfortable, but it actually causes our hair to freeze which makes our hair more vulnerable to breakage. What comes with breakage? Unhappy, frizzy hair, aka our worst nightmare.
Before you blow dry your gorgeous locks, use a heat protectant spray. Gisou’s Propolis Infused Heat Protecting Spray will protect your hair from damage caused by blow drying, styling, and the sun. Their formula is designed so it won’t weigh down your hair with product buildup. To get the best results spray from roots to ends on damp or dry hair and allow the product to dry before proceeding with your styling tools!
4. A good blowout starts with a good hair dryer. T3 Micro’s Cura Luxe Hair Dryer is our go to dryer for the perfect blow dry. The dryer offers rapid drying, which is perfect for a quick blow dry in the morning and has a gentle airstream that will dry your hair quickly and delivers soft and frizz- free results. This is the perfect hair dryer for the on the go girl that needs a quick and flawless blowout!
5. Finish your hair routine with Oribe’s Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil. This product will truly saves your hair’s life. It’s a light oil that will not only restore color treated hair to its prime, but conditions, strengthens, and smoothes, to creates incredible shine. This oil does it all, you can apply it through damp hair before blow drying as a heat protectant, after blow drying to add extra luster, or on dry hair to create shine and protect your hair from the sun.
There you have it! The perfect hair care routine for winter brought to you by Prête. For more hair care essentials follow us on Instagram @pretebeauty and download the Prête app to get one step closer to the perfect blowout!