New Year, New Makeup Routine
Happy New Year to all of our PRÊTE beauties! We had a nice break relaxing and rejuvenating but now it’s time to get back into our routine. We thought what would be better than a new makeup routine! We found the best products out there for you that come in a variety of shades so there’s something for everyone. These products have a wide range of colors and shades, are made to last all day, and you know it; they’re cruelty free. Because looking good shouldn’t have to hurt anyone!
1. After you’ve freshly washed your face the first step is primer. Primer is key to a flawless look because it creates an extra layer between your skin and makeup; it’s going to make your makeup last longer and appear smoother. Charlotte Tilbury’s Wonder Glow Primer is going to give your skin a pick me up and give you that effortlessly dewy look we all so desperately crave. It’s perfect for all skin tones to achieve a glowing complexion with or without makeup!
2. Alright now that your face is primed and your Beauty Blender is dampened it’s time to get serious with foundation. You need something that’s going to last all day without smearing or looking cakey. Becca’s Ultimate Coverage 24 Hour Foundation will last you through the night… and even the morning. This product comes in 24 shades enriched with pigments, is 22% water, and is water- resistant.
3. Now that your complexion is looking flawless, we have to tackle the dark circles under our eyes from the stress of life. Tarte’s Shape Tape Concealer will cover any signs of redness, dark circles, or breakouts and give you a flawless matte full- coverage finish. This creamy concealer comes in 30 shades that won’t flake or crease as the day goes on. This concealer will seriously illuminate your skin for a lifted effect. Even though we said one of our resolutions was to get more sleep, who seriously has time for that?
4. Before we move onto the fun stuff, set your base with Laura Mercier’s Translucent Loose Setting Powder. This powder is seriously the key to making your makeup last all day, it will have you glowing, not shiny (big difference) and keep your makeup in tact for up to 12 hours. We know that taking photos is a necessity when you’re Sunday brunching or hitting the town, this setting powder is formulated so there’s no photo flashback! Your skin will appear soft and glowing without the look of fine lines or any imperfections.
5. We haven’t hit the beach in awhile but that’s not stopping us from looking sun kissed. Get bronzed and glowing with Hourglass’ Ambient Lighting Bronzer! This powder comes in four different shades and fuses the illuminating effects of their Ambient Lighting Powder with bronze pigments which will give you a natural and sun kissed glow.
6. It’s 2019 and we all need to channel our inner Rihanna more, let’s start by supporting our favorite bad girl with great products! Fenty Beauty’s Killawat Freestyle Highlighter comes in four different packages with two highlighters in each for a more subtle glow or opt for her single highlighter package that delivers SERIOUS glow.
7. Put some color back into your face with Nars Blush! This powder blush comes in 31 shades and will deliver a natural looking flush into any skin tone! This buildable powder allows you to add subtle color or a powerful pop of color to your look.
8. Whether you go for a natural looking eyeshadow, a smokey eye, or a pop of color you need an Urban Decay Naked Palette in your life. The Naked2 Palette is so versatile you can create a natural look, a sparkling look, or a smokey eye all with this palette. If you’re more into a pop of color or a dramatic look then the Naked Cherry Palette or the Naked Heat Palette are right up your alley. All of these palettes come with a double ended brush for shadow and blending!
9. Now we know brows are personal, whether you’re a pencil girl or a clay girl the one thing you need is to lock in those eyebrow hairs. Boy Brow by Glossier comes in four shades and is the all in one product you need to thicken, fill in, and groom your eyebrows into place before you head out the door.
10. Lipstick can be the ultimate struggle, between getting it on your teeth or smudging it while you drink even a sip of water it can go from hot to hot mess in a matter of seconds. Make Up For Ever’s Artist Liquid Matte Lipstick is the solution to all of these problems. This product comes in twenty-five shades, it applies like a gloss and dries like matte lipstick with a lightweight feel. What’s really special about the product is the formula, it’s formulated with beeswax to ensure it’s long lasting and avocado oil so although it’s matte it still nourishes your luscious lips!
11. You’re looking good now, you’re feeling even better but you need to set your makeup for the day ahead! Just in case you have an all nighter ahead of you, Urban Decay has got it handled with their All Nighter Setting Spray. This spray keeps your makeup looking flawless for up to 16 hours and prevents melting, fading, or settling into fine lines.